Better’s Economic Model

1. Distribution Mechanism

  • Investors (20%).
    * Seed round investors 12.5%, 20% of which will be unlocked when the project goes live, the remaining 80% will be unlocked linearly over 12 months.

    * First-round private investors 6.5%, 30% of which will be unlocked when the project goes live, the remaining 70% will be unlocked linearly over 12 months.

    * IDO 1%, all 100% unlocked at project launch.
  • Core Team and Advisors (20%).

    *Core team members and advisors who develop and operate Better.

    *20% of them will be unlocked when the project goes live, the remaining 80% will be unlocked linearly in 12 months. There are additional trading restriction rules within the team to avoid causing significant fluctuations in the secondary market price.
  • Community DAO (5%).

    *Put into a community DAO escrow account, used to incentivize community development, early airdrop, introduce new users and partners.

    *20% of them will be unlocked when the project goes live, the remaining 80% will be unlocked linearly over 12 months.
  • Liquidity Mining (55%).

    * Liquidity incentive allocated based on the percentage of funds staked by the user and the duration of the staking.

    *5% of them will be unlocked at project launch as the Genesis phase bonus for each major public chain, and the remaining 95% is released over a 4-year linear decay mining period.

    *In the 4-year mining period, 40% of the output in the first year, 30% in the second year, 20% in the third year, and 10% in the fourth year.

2. Liquidity Mining mechanism

3. Repurchase Mechanism

4. Application Scenarios

  • Adjusting protocol parameters, such as creating new prediction events and assigning weights to each prediction event prize pool
  • Upgrading smart contracts
  • The mechanism for subsequent distribution of BET in community DAO escrow accounts

5. Appendix

--

--

Get the Medium app

A button that says 'Download on the App Store', and if clicked it will lead you to the iOS App store
A button that says 'Get it on, Google Play', and if clicked it will lead you to the Google Play store
Better

An open source and decentralized protocol for lossless prediction market