Better’s Economic Model
1. Distribution Mechanism
Better issues governance tokens $BET (Better governance token) with a total of 100 million tokens.
- Investors (20%).
* Seed round investors 12.5%, 20% of which will be unlocked when the project goes live, the remaining 80% will be unlocked linearly over 12 months.
* First-round private investors 6.5%, 30% of which will be unlocked when the project goes live, the remaining 70% will be unlocked linearly over 12 months.
* IDO 1%, all 100% unlocked at project launch.
- Core Team and Advisors (20%).
*Core team members and advisors who develop and operate Better.
*20% of them will be unlocked when the project goes live, the remaining 80% will be unlocked linearly in 12 months. There are additional trading restriction rules within the team to avoid causing significant fluctuations in the secondary market price.
- Community DAO (5%).
*Put into a community DAO escrow account, used to incentivize community development, early airdrop, introduce new users and partners.
*20% of them will be unlocked when the project goes live, the remaining 80% will be unlocked linearly over 12 months.
- Liquidity Mining (55%).
* Liquidity incentive allocated based on the percentage of funds staked by the user and the duration of the staking.
*5% of them will be unlocked at project launch as the Genesis phase bonus for each major public chain, and the remaining 95% is released over a 4-year linear decay mining period.
*In the 4-year mining period, 40% of the output in the first year, 30% in the second year, 20% in the third year, and 10% in the fourth year.
2. Liquidity Mining mechanism
The rules for the four stages of liquidity mining are shown below:
3. Repurchase Mechanism
3% of Better’s market prediction prize each period will be used to repurchase BET periodically. The repurchased governance tokens will be voted on by the community DAO and can be destroyed or distributed by airdrop.
4. Application Scenarios
BET can be used to participate in ecological governance. Any changes involving the Better protocol will need to be proposed and voted on by BET holders.
Proposals include, but are not limited to
- Adjusting protocol parameters, such as creating new prediction events and assigning weights to each prediction event prize pool
- Upgrading smart contracts
- The mechanism for subsequent distribution of BET in community DAO escrow accounts
Heco Genesis Stage Liquidity Mining information are shown below: